The time has come to take stock and ponder over this years efforts! But what's your agenda for next year? what would you like to achieve?

Personally my goals for next year are to be the lightest I've been since taking up cycling. Up my mileage from this year and climb quicker.

What are your goals for next year?

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The main focus for me this year was London to Paris back in July. Toughest thing I've done on a bike so far, but minus a couple of ahem 'en pieds', we made it in 42x16. (Big thank you to Classic Tours!) Also managed 10 middle distance sportives and a World Record, ahem again, 10 mile TT in 39.35!

Aims for 2016, include RideLondon 100 in under 8hrs (and minus the projectilevomiting/ energy kebab interface of 2014), more, hopefully faster TTs, more middle distance sportives and to carry on my violin lessons without reducing the cat, Tiger Lily, to a gibbering wreck. All together now, threeee bliiiiiiind miiiiice. Happy Xmas Paul and the Gang 

I think you do incredibly well considering you've only got one gear ;-) More power to you Dave :)

Cheers Paul, bimbling about today on 42x16 with the growing rain clouds threatening the very existence of the threadbare remains of the Gesink, I 'managed' an average mph of 13.9!!!!! Must have been a tailwind..... Have a fab Christmas and good luck in all your efforts next year.

Men of my age don't make resolutions, it might be tempting fate, so I shall continue to bimble my way through the year.  But if I can do a few century rides and fit in a three-or-four day tour I shall be a happy cyclist.

Never to old for the odd resolution MtB ;-) But you always have a good way of looking at things :)

Not really setting any goals for 2016, I've gotten to a stage where I'm pretty happy with my fitness levels (although I would like to be a bit faster) and am riding my bike almost every day. I would like to cover 6000 miles and to complete at least one metric century ride each month, but at the end of the day I just want to enjoy riding my bike(s) as much as I can!

If i was as good as you i'd be happy also MR ;-) Unfortunately that will never be :( just keep pedaling :)

Haha thanks Paul. I think 2016 will be my year just to enjoy the journey!

I've had my best year this year, with 24 sportives, Everesting and over 7000 miles. Hoping to be able to do the Strava Festive 500, but that will be weather dependent (No snow/Ice)! Plus, I won't be able to start that until Boxing Day.

Next year? Not as many sportives, cycle to work more and concentrate more on building speed. I may try and go for 8000 miles. Try and ride with the club more often.

Almost 20 years of cycling and I still just enjoy getting out :)

Your just a machine! end of :)

Enjoy what I've got...no spending on bike gear next year unless something is absolutely knackered!

Really enjoyed tour de Yorkshire, white rose classic and the manchester 100 so hanging my cycling year around those. Also, exploring the Yorkshire dales and visiting roads I've not done yet. I want to ride over malham tarn. I live on the edge of some cracking moors and have started fell running since autumn...want to join the local club in New year.

Just going to enjoy cycling and not be obsessive about what the garmin reads.

Merry xmas all.

Just enjoy being on the bike! Manchester 100 again for me next year plus a few more i'm already booked on. Lots of places not yet explored! Ain't being on two wheels just great :)

Merry xmas :)

RSS

Subscribe to our eNews

Join 4,000+ riders who receive our round-up of cycling news, reviews & tips AND get 5% off designer cycling T-Shirts from n+one

Latest Activity

Dave Rowe commented on Mike the Bike's status
8 hours ago
Mike the Bike posted a status
"How many cyclists have combined a thirty-mile loop with a light lunch and a look at an hour-old alpaca? Only she and me that I've heard of."
12 hours ago
Wheelsuckers posted a video

6 Climbing Mistakes To Avoid When Cycling | GCN Pro Tips

Riding uphill is hard enough as it is, don't make it tougher than it needs to be. Matt is here with 6 mistakes to avoid. Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/Subs...
20 hours ago
Dave Rowe commented on Dave Rowe's status
Tuesday
Mike the Bike commented on Dave Rowe's status
Tuesday
Profile IconJV, Alan Morrison, Max Young and 1 more joined Wheelsuckers
Tuesday
Dave Rowe posted a status
"What's that MtB? You'd shaved your legs, mayhaps the Full Monty, by 6.45am? I'm impressed...."
Monday
"Finished my morning 20-miler by 6:45 and was showered, shaved and breakfasted half-an-hour later. This wuss can't face riding in 30C heat."
Monday
Jonathan Morgan is now a member of Wheelsuckers
Sunday
"Told my late-rising lady it was 27C in our conservatory at six this morning. She reminded me that it would be 180 in her oven by lunchtime."
Saturday
Dave Rowe commented on Mike the Bike's status
Saturday
Mike the Bike commented on Mike the Bike's status
Jun 16

Wheelsuckers on Twitter

© 2017   Wheelsuckers   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service