Wheelsuckers is a community of over 3,000 road cyclists and, as such, we do expect acceptable behaviour from all members so that it is an enjoyable experience for all.
Here are some things to bear in mind:
- Support other members. If you see content you like, then please like it and show the originator that it was worth their effort! There are obvious social buttons for doing this You can Like it within Wheelsuckers (the thumbs-up icon) or Like it using the Facebook icon. You can also tweet the link. Adding a comment even if it's just "great photo" will be very welcome by the member who posted it.
- Be courteous to other members and respect their content and points of view. Disagreeing with somebody's opinion or disliking their content is perfectly acceptable. However, please respect it and if you feel you want to offer a negative comment please offer an explanation as to why you don't like it or why you disagree. You may be commenting next to an avatar but there's a person behind it...
- Don't get personal. Content or comments that are abusive including towards race, colour, national/ethnic origins or gender will not be tolerated
- Don't swear. We pretty much all do it but there's a time and a place and this isn't the place
- Don't flout copyright. Please do not upload images or copy content from other sites for which you do not have copyright. Photos that have a digital watermark such as from Sportives usually mean you've not purchased them so please don't post them (or if you like it, why not buy it?)
- Unsuitable content will be removed. This can include content that is abusive and/or may offend other members or is considered to be too far off-topic for Wheelsuckers (it is a cycling site after all!). If your content is removed, you will be notified and a reason given. Persistent offenders will be suspended from the site and may also be excluded permanently.
- Don't abuse the events feature. The events feature is for members to organise their group rides and it may also be used to publicise events open to the public that may be of interest to our members, such as sportives, charity rides and pro-race dates. However it should NOT be used by members to promote for-profit cycling tours or holidays. As a rule of thumb, if your event is not charity related and/or the total cost to participate is over £50 per person, then your event won’t be approved. If you would like to promote an event on Wheelsuckers that doesn’t meet our guidelines, please contact Rita for more details on how you may do this.
- Be considerate with your links! Adding links to pages outside of Wheelsuckers is perfectly acceptable if it will benefit other members in some way. It could be a link to an information source, your latest blog post or a special cycling offer you've come across (or your organisation is providing) - pretty much anything cycling related. However frequent link-dropping with little or no value to members is not acceptable. If you have a link to add, please try to add some comments around it.
- If you are representing a company...great to have you as a member but please see the previous point! Blatant advertising in your posts & comments will turn members off and is bad for your brand. Serious offenders will be removed from the site as, well, it's that serious! However, if you engage with our community with content that contributes to, or enhances, our understanding/joy of cycling, we'll love you for it! Also if you've signed-up using a company name, you might consider changing this to a more personal one; we've found our members engage more that way!
If you have any ideas or suggestions you'd like to make for our community guidelines, please submit them